Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What’s my best option on suspension upgrade on s6 (c4)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RWD19T View Post
    I run Bilstein B8's on mine and H&R springs with the 2bennet camber plates. I also run caravan spring assisters on the rear springs to stop bunny hopping on launch due to weight transfer. Car handles really well drives really nice wouldn't realise you had solid topmounts either.

My only moan is with less than 40k on the clock one of the rear springs is snapped in half and both front dampers started leaking after 30k miles. But she lives a hard life.
    RWD19T,

Couple of questions if you don't mind (as I'm about to overhaul the suspension on my S6):

I've got the H&R/Bilsteins for the front and am about to order the camber plates - do I need to order new topmounts too? Any recommendations? Any other parts that should be replaced at the same time?

Also, have you ever considered the RARB upgrade, here?

http://www.034motorsport.com/chassis...6-p-20247.html

Cheers,
    Tom

Comment

I have the 1BE suspension (sport springs/RSWB) on my S6 with Bilstein B6 shocks. At the back, I swapped in all the bushings and mounts available from Apikol, except the sway bar kit.

It rolls on 245/40/17 FK452s mounted on 17x8 OZ Ultraleggeras. Handles very nicely. Solid and firm, but not too harsh. I have to push it in order to get tire squeal.
      Thai roads do suck and have unpredictable speedbumps, so it is not lowered.

It is a big heavy car and could handle better, but this set up is quite nice.
      '96 UrS6 auto PRJ chipped E85
      '95 80Q AEB VEMS E85

Comment

Originally posted by mcandmar View Post
        Bilsteins and H&R springs, surprisingly comfy as the same setup on an S2 is intolerable. Only down side is the lower ride height so you have to judge you speed over speedramps just right or it bottoms out at the rear coming off them, and in our case the tow bar hits the ramp with a thud. And the small metal ones you need to creep over or it will come down on the exhaust system around the cats. But i guess thats to be expected when you lower any car. Were also running the original wheels/tyres which i think are 225/50x16's or something like that.

Having driven Shanes S6 the rear anti roll bar really improves the body control when you start chucking it around in anger, something i want to add to the S4 at some stage.
        I'm considering doing the same on my S6 and am running the standard 16" wheels/ tyres too. could you post a photo of your car so i can see what this set up looks like, please?

many thanks

1997 Audi S6 - The Purple Helmet!

Comment

Working...
        X